Online Special for Milford Sound Day Trip from Queenstown
Now Just $155
Milford Sound has been described as the ‘8th wonder of the world’ and is a must see destination! Travelling through Southland and into the Fiordland National Park, the views are stunning with towering mountains overhead, breathtaking vistas and ample photo opportunities.
Savour the hassle free journey with informative commentary while you sit back, relax and take it all in from the luxurious Kiwi Discovery coach.
Getting there is part of the experience so enjoy our glass roofed* coaches with reclining seats, extra leg room and wide windows for fantastic viewing.
Full day trip includes:
- Door to door service (pick up from most Queenstown accommodations)
- Numerous photo stops at the best places along the “Milford Road”
- 2 hour scenic boat cruise at Milford Sound – one of the longer cruise trips available
- Dual exits on coach = quicker access and longer photo stops
- Experienced and friendly crew/driver
- Spectacular scenery, with:
- Wide glacial valleys
- Magnificent waterfalls,
- Crystal clear rivers and streams,
- Dramatic, incredibly deep, ice-carved fiords,
- Beautiful, abundant and quirky wildlife
- Lunch options available for pre-order
- DVD entertainment on the way back to Queenstown
*Our primary coach is 49 seats and has a glass roof. Other coaches with standard (non-glass) roofs may be used in case of maintenance or other operational needs.
What to bring:
- Shoes/boots (non slip are recommended)
- waterproof jacket, warm sweater/fleece jacket
- insect repellent
- some cash for snacks & drinks
- camera and/or video camera
Some people also enjoy bringing their own i-pod and mp3 players or a book for the journey home.
Why Choose Kiwi Discovery To Take You To Milford Sound?
- We leave a bit earlier than everyone else which means we avoid the crowds at the stops.
- This also means we have a longer cruise (2 hours) than anyone else so you get more time on the water.
- The longer cruise is in a smaller boat which means you get closer to the action.
- 100% English commentary from long time Kiwi guides on both the coach and boat.
- Glass ceiling on the coach so you can see those mountain peaks on the drive in.
- Our guides are there to make sure you have the best day possible
- Need Proof? Fair enough… – just check out our reviews
Milford Sound Transport Only
We offer transport sector fares, with connections between Queenstown, Te Anau, The Divide and Milford Sound.
If you just need transport to your next destination or would like to use the trip as a part of your travels we can help. Connections are popular for those who are combining their Milford Sound tour with the Milford Track, Kepler Track or Routeburn Track tours.
Fares start from $33. See our sector fares rates for individual sectors, or our track transport packages for more information.